Wednesday 2 March 2011

The Gallery - Simple Pleasures

The theme this week over at Tara's Gallery is 'Simple Pleasures'.

The simple pleasures that make my day....let me think...I could say cuddling up with my husband to watch a great film, I could say taking a great photograph, I could say grabbing a coffee with my friends, I could say having a chat on Twitter, I could say reading blogs, I could say watching some comedy or I could say writing this blog.  The list is endless for my simple pleasures really.  But the simple pleasure I love the most is spending time with my daughter.  After all she's the reason I started this blog and the reason I'm a SAHM.  We play games together (hide and seek is her favourite at the moment), we read books together, we get all her toys out and we even clean and cook together - she really is Mummy's little helper when she's not stealing baguettes that is!

There are times when, being the techno-toddler she is, we enjoy the laptop together.  I love her face when we play all the Eric Herman Music videos.  Her favourite is The Elephant Song, she finds it so funny and knows exactly which animal is coming up next, proudly announcing it's imminent arrival.  I love seeing her little face light up when we watch it and sing together.

She turns 2 years old next Friday (March 11th) and I struggle now to remember a time when she wasn't in my life.



25 comments:

Karin @ Cafe Bebe said...

Bless! What a lovely picture! And 2 next week...that's my Grandfather's birthday! What a lucky girl! ;)

Karin

Mirka said...

Isn't it amazing how children change our lives? I also don't remember much about my life before having Isabelle ;) @Kahanka

Jenny said...

Too true being with our children is the greatest simplest pleasure ever! Aww what a gorgeous photo you have used :) x

Emma@christmascupboard said...

Lovely photo...So simple but says it all, Beautiful x

Anonymous said...

*wipes away tear* you are right and I am now a bit emotional. great post hun x

Francesca said...

what a beautiful post and what a beautiful photo. great capture xxx

QWERTY Mum said...

What a lovely picture and you're right, all pleasures pale into insignificance next to the pleasure of being with your child. They don't stay little for long - enjoy every moment xx

Anonymous said...

Awww, this was lovely. Happy early birthday to your daughter! x

Mummy and the Beastie said...

Lovely moment, holding onto Mummy's hand :-)

Unknown said...

She is a pleasure and I still can't believe it's next week!

Lauren said...

This made me cry :-)
I agree with everything you have said.

The Prettygoodlife said...

That is so cute!

Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

Thank you. Its not easy when there are two little people constantly running in different directions, so little reminders like this are soooo helpful! I wouldn't have it any other way though, love it! Thank you :)
Beautiful picture.

Caroline said...

Beautiful picture, and lovely words to accompany it, as well. It's funny how quickly we struggle to remember life before children once they're in our lives, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous post & pic x

New Mum Online said...

Such a classy photo - love it
x

Emma said...

Lovely picture and very lovely post! Emma

Jacq said...

I love the picture and the link to the Elephant song. I've not heard it before but I think it may become a favourite in this house!

New Mum Online said...

I'm so glad I have that effect on you. And the sun's just come out yyyyeeeeaaahhhh.

I love what you've written above (should have said that earlier but was 1 handed typing) x

Rachel said...

Adorable image - tis the best simple pleasure in the world, to spend time with the little ones - I agree.

tiddlyompompom said...

what a gorgeous photo!
Big M turned 3 last week, and like you I find it hard to believe/remember that there was a time when she wasn't here. Happy birthday for next week!

Leadership Learning said...

Lovely photo and lovely post.

TheBoyandMe said...

Beautiful photographs and sentiments.

podgypixiejo said...

gorgeous piccy!!! Lovely post too :) hope she has a lovely birthday xxx

Mari's World said...

I am so with you on that sentiment and you ahve taken a beautiful photo to represent you both

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...