Wednesday 11 May 2011

The Gallery - Chilled Out

I really can't believe it's Wednesday again and time for The Gallery - where did the last week go?  I only checked the theme out late on Monday night and have been running around taking a couple of pictures for todays post.  So, the theme this week is 'Chilled Out'. What's chilled out?  The way the year is passing me by I sometimes wonder.

For me though, chilling out is simple - whether it's snuggled up on the sofa with my husband watching a film, watching some comedy or reading a book or maybe having a natter with friends over a few glasses of wine.  I've been taking a lot of time out over the past few weeks to chill and it's been lovely.

There are also a few other ways I like to chill out.  Believe it or not I can be most chilled when I'm simply watching my daughter, Mini Cheddar.  She can be sleeping or even playing, it doesn't really matter. Sometimes I feel most relaxed and contented watching her seeing the world, learning and absorbing information.


I also chill out by taking photographs.  Nowadays these mainly involve Mini Cheddar but I'm hoping to pick up my photography again and maybe sell my old Nikon D40 and upgrade.  I'm hoping that Mini Cheddar will also enjoy photography when she's older....although she loves messing around with my Mini Diana already.


Finally, the ultimate chill out...red wine and chocolate.  My husband has gone away to London for a few days so I had the Chianti already poured last night and the Minstrels already opened (oops, how did that happen?).  A bit of Absolute 80's station on the radio in the den and hey presto!  Chilled out to the max.




Now head on over and check out all the other entries...

28 comments:

Unknown said...

Just like you I could sit and watch my baby all day!

Jenny said...

Great chilled out moments that you enjoy. I would agree on all three especially those chocolates on the final photo lol x

Tales of a Tai Tai said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tales of a Tai Tai said...

You had me at Minstrels. LOVE! (sorry about the delete. bad spelling...ooops ;)

Keith said...

Looks very, very relaxed maaaaaaan!
Reluctant Housedad

Mummy...Mummy.....MUM!! said...

Its lovely to have the chance to sit back and watch them learn about the world. x

Jacq said...

I am another one who feels most chilled watching the kids.

Anonymous said...

love the last photo - great combination to chill out to....

Karin @ Cafe Bebe said...

Perfect prescription for chilling out after your emotional week. Well done you!

PS...love the Diana...want one! ;)

Karin

jfb57 said...

When I was a stressed out head teacher, one way of putting things into perspective was to go down to the nursery class & just watch. The children were just delicious as they took everything in & laughed! Great post!

Catching the Magic said...

Lovely - these are certainly 'chilled out' moments that I can relate to. Have a great week!

Emma@christmascupboard said...

Love your chill outs! I too feel content watching the kids play...especially now I have a Granddaughter & watching her makes me realise what life is all about...the next generation, its a weird feeling.
Love the photo of mini chaddar with the camera...soooo cute x

Inside the Wendy House said...

Great chilled moments...I love that MC is following in your footsteps with the photography!!

Mirka said...

Lovely moments, and I think I can relate to all of them, especially the first two ;) @Kahanka

Mrs E said...

You chill out in all the way's I do- unfortunately the chocolate is happening far too much at the moment! xx

Anonymous said...

Lovely post! I agree about the minstrels yum tho not the red wine... had some for the 1st time in ages at the weekend & it made me sooo ill the next day lol

..:.lab.:.. said...

Lovely post. Like how you have lots of different ways to chill out! Lx

Leadership Learning said...

hmmmm minstrels!

alysonsblog said...

perfect chilling to me I think x

Herding Cats said...

Great post. I like photography as a way of relaxing, but I find it sometimes makes me more stressed out then before.

Anonymous said...

Great post! It's so easy to forget how to chill out in this chaotic world we live in. But now you've reminded me, I've just added red wine and Minstrels to my shopping list :-)

Elle and Belle said...

Oo, aren't you lucky having the wine and choccies to yourself!

mumsarcade said...

I want to be your new best friend as you do exactly what I do when husband is away.
I like all the ways you find to chill out - well done you on managing it as a parent.

This Mid 30s Life said...

Just reading that has me feeling chilled out. It's also this lovely big wine though. x

Funky Wellies said...

Red wine and chocolate... a kindred spirit! Love the other pics too, especially the one with the camera.

Rachel said...

Wonderful, your posts are always so relaxed and chilled out! I likewise haven't been online much lately - life and sunny weather have a way of taking up my interknitting time - but always nice to come back to your lovely, cozy blog and have a read with chocolates in one hand and wine in the other :)
~M

Terrans said...

Your daughter is super cute. Chilling out at the moment writing to you.

Found you on linkreferral

Terrans
http://www.pfinusa.com
http://www.pfinusa.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...