Thursday 3 May 2012

A New Job For Matt And New Menus For Frankie & Benny's!

As my regular readers will know, Matt has been dreadfully unhappy in his work recently and I haven't exposed this on the blog before but the threat of redundancy has hung over us for a while now. He's now been told he's safe but, like any job, for how long? His recent trip to America for a job interview wasn't something we were entirely happy about but we went with it for his sanity. He's had a few job interviews recently and had a couple of loose offers on the table but these have all required him working a certain amount of time each week down South. Something neither of us want.

Anyway, we had some great news last week. He has been given a superb job offer from someone - and he didn't even have to interview for it. Yes, he was headhunted!

This job will mean a lot more money and he won't have to spend a great deal of time away from home.

MC enjoying a milkshake and a jigsaw
To say we are both happy is an understatement.

So, what did we do as a mini celebration?

We went out for our first proper family meal together as a foursome and we were treated to it thanks to Frankie & Benny's to test out their 4 brand new menus.

I had to laugh when I was contacted with the offer to review the new menus. The morning I received the email we had already decided to pop there for lunch. We practically live in Frankie & Benny's. In fact, I'm the mayor of our local one on FourSquare! True fact.

You can't beat Frankie & Benny's for a relaxed atmosphere, speedy service and good value food. Mini Cheddar loves it there - she ALWAYS has the tomato penne pasta on the kids menu and laps it up. Plus, the kid's activity packs and balloons always help.

Frankie & Benny's have 4 exciting new menus they have just launched - breakfast, lunch, specials and desserts.

Starters - mmmm Amazing Skins!
Hard at work

I have to say, what I love about Frankie & Benny's is the choice. Their menus are very extensive so everyone is sure to find something they love. I obviously opted straight for the Amazing Skins with crispy bacon and melted cheddar. Delicious!

I always sit in awe at the chefs at our local restaurant on how they cook such great meals so quickly in full view of hungry diners.


Their new menus are fabulous and such superb value for money. Look what's on offer:

Breakfasts are just £5 each and you can have unlimited refills of tea or coffee for an additional £1.50

Lunch (Mon-Fri, 11am-5pm) you can enjoy 1 course (£5.95), 2 courses (£8.25) or 3 courses (£9.25) with unlimited soft drink choices when you buy a regular drink

Specials can be enjoyed all day Sun-Fri for £10.95 for 2 courses or 3 courses for an additional £2.25

Mains - yummy!
Desserts - even yummier!


As for the desserts...wow! I had the sticky toffee pudding and it was amazing. In fact, Matt actually tricked me by saying "Look at that photo!" over my shoulder. I turned around to see nothing, turned back to see Matt digging into the toffee sauce. He did share his marshmallows from his amazing sundae with MC though.
Yes, it has to be said that we thoroughly enjoyed our meal at Frankie & Benny's but, then again, we ALWAYS do. I think it's a great family restaurant and we will continue to eat there - after all, I have my Foursquare mayorship to keep up now don't I?

Frankie & Benny's gets the thumbs up!


We received a £50 voucher to spend at Frankie & Benny's 
but all photographs, words, views and opinions are my own.


7 comments:

Ramblings Of A Suburban Mummy said...

Awww fantastic news about the job, guess it couldn't have really come at a better time either! Well done to Matt!

LauraCYMFT said...

Congrats to Matt on the new job! Having been in a similar situation with my husband's job I know the relief it brings when you can finally say we don't have to worry now.

Blue Sky said...

Absolutely delighted for Matt and all of you, and glad you enjoyed the celebrations xx

Honest Mum said...

So pleased for you all-well done! 

Mari said...

Great news about the job and Mayor of F&B, I am impressed...wonder if there's one local to me?
PS nothing wrong with 'darn sarf' dah-ling, we could have been nieghbours! xx

Beadzoid said...

Congratulations regarding Matt's job! That's fantastic news for you all.


Y'know I've never been to Frankie and Benny's but it sounds delicious and I know there is one in the next town next to the cinema.  Might have to give it a try :D xx

Mummysknee said...

Fab news, extremely happy for you:-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...