Saturday 30 November 2013

#MeAndMine - A Family Portrait (November...AND October)

If you've been reading my blog lately you'll notice a severe lack of activity. My last post explains why. I've always joined in with Me & Mine but I missed Octobers. I was so busy after my birthday and the Matilda Mae Welly Walk was very much my focus at the end of the month. I was feeling pretty emotional and despite having some photos from October I couldn't quite bring myself to blog.

November has been a strange month. It's flown by seriously fast. Christmas is just around the corner but my heart has been heavy. I spent the other week in a bit of a mess. I got myself in a rut, a rut that I couldn't see a way out of. Matt was away with work which didn't help and I was a teary mess with a 20 month old with severe separation anxiety.

This last week I've turned a corner. A couple of meet ups with some of my best friends has brought me out of myself. Blogging also helped and I love the support network that it offers. I received lots of DM's, tweets and texts as well as blog comments (which, I will reply to every single one - thank you). I've made sure I get out every day for some fresh air and I've done more 'spur of the moment' things for myself and for the family.

Anyway, the upshot of it all is that I'm going to start putting myself first more and have some 'me' time. I think as mothers we're just programmed to put everyone else first and it can take it's toll. I have friends going through seriously hard times - financial worries, illnesses and losses of loved ones - but I can't let it bring me down as much as it has been doing. I usually look forward to Christmas but this year I haven't been at all.

I can't let that be.

I can't let my mood ruin my children's Christmas. One of my friends said to me the other night that children bounce off their parents moods and maybe that's a major source of TC's separation anxiety?

Who knows.

I know I have to focus more on my life and, in turn, the life of my family.

It doesn't mean I don't love my friends...
It doesn't mean I don't care...
It doesn't mean they won't always be in my thoughts...

I just have to try to be a better mother, wife, daughter, sister etc. This will also ensure I'm strong enough to support my friends as much as I possibly can too.

Yesterday my parents had the kids for me all day. I got so much done! I didn't stop but the day was great and, as much as I missed the kids, it was lovely to only have to think about myself for the day for once. I even treated myself to a gel polish manicure.

Before I ramble on anymore, I'm cheating a little this month to make up for last month. I'm posting photos from November AND October to make up for my month lost.

In October we visited the beautiful Llangollen Railway which isn't far from us. We went there to meet Thomas and Friends for 'A Day Out With Thomas'. TC has a major fascination with Thomas the Tank Engine but MC loved the day just as much. The weather was a mixed bag of sun and showers and we managed to dodge the worst of the rain. It was a great day. Here are a few of my favourite (and silly) snapshots from the day.






In November we were lucky enough to meet one of my closest friends Claire of Claire Penn Photography. We went out for a family day and she took a few family photographs for us. I'd like to share two of my favourites.



As well as being a truly awesome friend, Claire is one seriously talented wedding photographer. Her wedding photography just stops me (and everyone else) in their tracks. If you are getting married, or know someone who is, then I can highly recommend Claire - although her photography speaks for itself - and she travels all over the place to shoot amazing weddings. Just look and be amazed!

So, I'm starting to look forward to Christmas in our new home now and I'm determined to look after myself more. In fact, after 5 years of wanting, I'm booked in to have laser eye surgery in January.

I'm going to make sure that 2014 is not just a new year but a new, more positive, me.

dear beautiful

Now head over to the lovely Lucy's blog for more Me & Mine delights.

21 comments:

Sarah said...

Ahh heather these are beautiful photos! I love the one of you swinging TC. We seriously need to get more family photos in fact I don't think we have one photo of all 5 of us. I'm glad your going to make more time for you. It is hard to remember about yourself and I think when you're at home it's easy to become lost in everything else! Looking forward to our play date xxxxx

lucy said...

Oh Heather, I'm so glad that you're feeling a bit better, and it sounds like you're changing your perspective for the better of everyone, and that HAS to be a good thing for you all.
You really went to town with Me and Mine photos in October, I'm so glad that you shared them all this month to make up for not getting a chance last month. And your November ones are BEAUTIFUL!!! I love autumn for family photos and your ones are the exact reasons why; gorgeous colours and cosy clothes. I love them both, I hope you're going to put them up on a wall!!!

Charlotte said...

I am really glad that things are looking up and you are feeling better! As a mummy it is hard to realise that you after too! Glad you are going to get more me time! Lovely photos, it's great to see October and Novembers. Hope you are alright! x x

innocentcharmer said...

Bless your heart, I am so glad you are going to focus on you, it is something I started blogging about last month, to focus more on me to get my head back on track and as usual life took over again and straight away I am back in my bad place.
I wish you much success, what beautiful photos, looks like you had a lot of fun at the railway xx

Becky Arber said...

Nice to hear that you're feeling a little brighter. These are beautiful images. Your family looks really happy together!

Cariemay said...

Both months' photos are just gorgeous - I love the ones with Thomas, the little ones' excitement just bounces off the screen!

Lauren_W said...

Love them all! I'm so glad you joined in again, and that you included so many photos.
I love the photos taken by Claire.
Big hugs for you xx

mummydaddyme said...

Beautiful photos Heather, especially the professional ones. I am sorry you have had a tough month, and I agree that blogging is definitely therapy. xx

mygorgboys said...

really gorgeous photo collection, beautiful! we went to a thomas steam train day when my eldest was about 2 and he loved it. I quite fancy a santa train next. Hope you are feeling good, the blogging community is awesome I totally agree with you there! xxx

Jane Blackmore said...

Look forward to reading more in 2014, look after yourself beautiful x

SAHMlovingit said...

Thank you lovely lady! Look forward to reading more of your awesome posts in 2014 too. Have a good'un xx

SAHMlovingit said...

Aw thanks. Feeling much better thank you :) We looked at the Santa train but it was almost 2 hour trip which I'm not sure TC would go for at his age now xx

SAHMlovingit said...

It is indeed therapy. It helped me no end to get it all out and read lovely comments from people like you. Knowing you're not alone is half the battle :) xx

SAHMlovingit said...

Thanks lovely. My friend Claire is awesome :) xx

SAHMlovingit said...

Thank you. They were VERY excited :) xx

SAHMlovingit said...

Thank you lovely xx

SAHMlovingit said...

Thanks Kara. We did have a good day out and it's so rare to get that time out together.
Sorry to hear you're suffering too. Thankfully I'm feeling much better. I'm always here if you want to talk. Hugs xx

SAHMlovingit said...

I'm fine thanks Charlotte. Feeling SO much better than I was. Starting to dip my toe in social media a little :) I think we all need to realise that we need some me time xx

SAHMlovingit said...

We are going to put them up on the wall indeed :)
Thank you again for letting me post for October and November. I was so upset that I didn't join in last time. It won't happen again ;) xx

SAHMlovingit said...

Was SO lovely to see you earlier this week hun. I definitely need to do more stuff and get out more so that's a good excuse to tap you up for more playdates in the future :) You must try and get a photo of the 5 of you together this Christmas. Hope things improve for you soon too xx

ar mirza said...

nice one admin i like this post its very informative keep it up


tadalafil

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...